Monday, October 17, 2005

Wake Up Neo

Somewhere between a re-run of The Matrix and the stillness of dawn, the truth crystallized.  I'm not sure of the precise moment I entered the dreamworld.  My guess is it was just before Neo transforms from dorky software developer to his true calling as haute couture clad hero of the world.  I must have been asleep for an hour. It might have been a day or a lifetime.
 
Maybe it was the soundtrack that permeated my consciousness, my allergies or the peri-peri steak I had just before I fell.  But somewhere in the place between the lucid and the dazed, I could see clearly for the first time in weeks, months, probably years. Either way it was long enough to be confronted with the two pills of choice.  
 
Was it Morpheus who offered me the choice between the real world I know and the no-going-back reality that is (or could be)?  The really-real world of my future?  All I know is that in a choice of two choices reality won out.  At least in the comatose world of a half-dream.
 
I woke up just in time to spy through one blinking eye, Neo, sporting ultra-cool coat and designer shades issuing his challenge to the evil forces a.k.a those that seek to force all humans to become believers of a waking dream (nightmare?).  He tells me this is only the beginning. As he flies high-high into the sky I wonder if I am missing an important piece of the puzzle.  When did my reality become a fantasy?
 
So now it's simple.  Choose the red pill or the blue one?  I've been hearing voices.  
 
"Wake up Neo".
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

sarah said...

over all i was disappointed with the trilogy.

in the beginning. the first film. there was such. potential and complexity that could have been.

i was disappointed by the 2nd.

by the third, i felt a bit vindicated, but not as much as i would have liked.

Anonymous said...

I agree actually. After watching it a few more times, I have definitely decided that the first film was not done justice by the second and third. For a while I liked part 2 best because of the stunts and so on but as far as where they could have gone with it, yes it could have been better.

It felt almost as if, they ran out of steam or sold out to commercial concerns after part 1. I personally was extremely disappointed by the finale.

However, having said that it's still rocking good fun :) and I'll watch anything with Keanu in it! hee

tao1776 said...

Did you take both pills, leaving you in a vortex of here, not here? Where you been?