Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Eating Ice Cream

What gods invented this sheer bliss?
The chinese, I hear!
Thanks, say I to the
Chinese ice cream gods then!
The spoon feels clumsy in my hand
Maybe I need a smaller spoon?
I hear tell it lasts longer that way
Ah! Spoons are for sissys!
 
I throw it aside
and stick my index finger into the tub
first the pink bits
then the white
strawberry, then vanilla
vanilla, then strawberry
 
are there more tantalizing delights than this?
events more satisfying?
things to know that tease the
tongue more completely?
 
ice cream tastes better when you
lick it off your skin
it's also cheaper and
more effective than therapy
I'm hungry, now
 

3 comments:

Fist said...

Do the Chinese eat icecream with chopsticks?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't know, but the idea is not working for me, by any means! Ice cream should be eaten a) on a cone b) with the fingers or..ok a spoon. c) with your favourite desert or topping, especially strawberries. It is also especially fun to shove your ice-cream cone onto the nose of somebody who is going out of their way to be irritating. I did it yesterday, so I know.

sarah said...

tastey....

except for the chunks of cookie dough get stuck in the belly button.